Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bankrupted by a Remote Control

I am the sort of gal that becomes annoyed rather easily and although under most circumstances I am able to conceal it, last night was an exception. My darling boyfriend (and I say this with great affection), is a gadget junkie. I knew this when I started dating him and 4 years on, I tolerate his indulgence for all things gadget orientated. I am not for one minute saying I do not enjoy the vast availability of goodies such as 3G cards however, when it comes to a universal remote control (or whatever) that costs roughly five thousand rand, I get a tad pissed… WTF? For the life of me I cannot fathom why you would want to pay such an exorbitant amount for a remote control!!! Hence our Wednesday evening turned in to a debate revolving around a........ remote .This may seem normal in most households but I ab-so-fucking-lutely refuse to give my blessing to such a purchase.

It also dawned on me that this money was more than likely coming from my “engagement ring fund” – I assume so, not sure really. That in itself is a vicious topic of conversation and one which has caused more domestic disturbance in our little townhouse than you can imagine...

So in a nutshell, one of two things could occur in this situation. 1) GM will see the light and decide to contribute towards our Zanzibar fund or 2) He will buy it anyway and parade around the house indicating it's fascinating capabilities and possibly annoying me even further by switching the lights on and off with the fucking thing.

Talk about testing my patience....

Tay

Ps. Have still not responded to the message




3 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

Don't message back.

Seriously.

What would be the point?

Btw: Hi ;)

Tay said...

Hi Miss M,
Yeah this I realise. Was just good to see him.

Yay you are my first comment whoo hoo!!!

Thanks, made my day!

The Divine Miss M said...

Awww :)

It's a pleasure!