Thursday, August 21, 2008

London Bridge is Falling Down....Get there Quick

I received a very unexpected call from a dear friend (Jeep Girl) last night. We keep in touch via email etc but it’s been a while since I have actually spoken to her - rather a nice surprise!

Jeep Girl had phoned for two reasons apparently: 1. because she had thought about me and wanted to know how I was doing health wise (long story for another day) and 2. she wanted to know how I would feel about going with her and two other friends to Europe for two weeks…. WOW!

I have been to the states but never been to Europe – shocking I know. It’s been on my To Do list for like ever though.

This invitation presents a few challenges. Firstly, the cost. I could swing it if I really wanted to so that’s not really a biggie. Secondly, GM. How would he feel about me running off for two weeks? Thing is, he spent two years in London and has no desire whatsoever to return there or any other part of Europe for that matter.

3 months ago I decided I wanted to go to Zanzibar. My dad lived there for 2 years and has always encouraged me to go. I suggested to GM that we go as kinda like an anniversary present (4 years on 27 August), but was met with little enthusiasm. He insisted that it was too expensive and that we would go to a place like that for our honeymoon.

Now excuse me for being a cold hearted bitch here, but there isn’t even an engagement ring on my finger, so it’s a bit fucking early to be worrying about a honeymoon…..

So …. I have been presented with yet another opportunity and to tell you the truth my bum is itching to say yes. I know GM will decline tagging along (he was invited too).

The way I see it, the chance of us ever going together is slim and I need to do this whilst I still can.

What to do…

Tay.

3 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

DO IT!!!! Go on the holiday!!!!

It'll be an amazing experience and if your BF doesn't want to join he can stay at home!

It's your dream, DO IT!!!

Tay said...

Hey Miss M

Yeah, must admit everyone is saying the same thing. We will be doing 12 countries in 2 weeks - hectic but awesome experience!

Hope you are well and have not yet developed carpal tunnel in your wrist from all the typing :-)

The Divine Miss M said...

Too late for that!

But it is more all the MSN'ing and Google Talking with my friends in SA that is causing it :P