Friday, August 22, 2008

RIP Birdie

Had a kak start to the day. After only 3 hours sleep I went off to feed the Baby Bird and it had died. I was gutted. After sobbing my eyes out (Pathetic I know, must be PMS), GM tried unsuccessfully to save the bird (he softened after all).

The Puppy then came in from outside and fuck, would you believe it, she has *Cherry Eye in the left eye now. Two weeks ago she had the right eye operated on for the same thing and that eye is still healing.


On Monday I casually informed the vet that I would be moving in to his place with the Puppy because we seem to be there all the time. He was chuffed with the idea…. GM was not.

Oh yes….. my windscreen was cracked this morning whilst on my way to work. A huge gigantic truck that was driving over 200km (I am convinced) on the highway, very cheerfully offloaded some of the stones he was carrying, on to the passing cars. My car is only 3 months old….

I hate trucks. They piss me off. I understand that they have a job to do however, it’s seems that some of them don’t give a shit and become more and more reckless. When traffic comes to a standstill and a huge ass 'mofo' truck comes hurtling down the highway behind you, it tends to make one uncomfortable. I stay the hell away from them as much as humanly possible.

Anyhoo, at least it’s Friday – whoo hoo. Don’t have much planned for the weekend but do intend to consume large amounts of vino whilst watching the rugby tomorrow. Also have to be up at the crack of dawn to take The Puppy to the vet. So much for sleeping a little later than usual.

Have an awesome weekend all!

Tay


*Prolapse of a gland which protrudes from the third eyelid (Well, something like that)

2 comments:

DT said...

Hi Tay!

I have enjoyed reading your blog! I am sorry about your bird - at least you did the best you could!

I hope you had a good weekend despite the rugby ;-)

Tay said...

Hi there DT,

Thanks for the note. Still rather new to the blogging thing but so far so good :-). Thanks for reading!!

Rugby was dodgy and I am still rather pissed at the boks... Hope they improve soon!