Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

My hometown is roughly 160 Km from Jo'burg and I visit there regularly as my folks still live there. Roughly a month ago, whilst in the smoke infested dorpie (town), GM and I decided to hit the local watering hole for a drink or ten and perhaps see some of our old mates. Imagine my surprise (or horror) when I bumped into my first serious boyfriend from high school whom I haven't seen in like 10 years!! OMG!! They say you always remember your first... yeah well, I started stuttering and stammering like a complete idiot and then finally remembered to introduce GM (Who looked mildly impressed to say the least).

To make matters worse, First Time Guy decided to join us at our table - erm.... right. GM then LEFT me there while he chatted to his mates (Gee thanks). It was inevitable, the trip down memory lane.... After much reminiscing, GM and I finally left in the early hours of the Sunday morning and that was the end of that. HOWEVER, last night when on Facebook, First Time Guy had sent me a message (dramatic music begins). Inevitably it went along the lines of "you look great" and "we should meet for coffee". Suffice to say this has rattled me somewhat and I don't know why. All of a sudden I am thinking about the past.... Shit!

Tay

Ps. Have not yet replied to the message.

No comments: