Monday, October 13, 2008

Bonding with Elephants / Other Mammals

Another Monday – urgh! Although I haven’t worked a full week since September, I am drained and seriously need a holiday away, as in FAR AWAY!

The weekend was awesome. On Saturday, we went to the elephant sanctuary in Hartebeespoort. Hottie was on a mission and determined to make the day a memorable one; he really went out of his way to make everything special :-)

I bonded with an ellie named Kumba, her eyes fascinated me! Every now and then she would wrap her trunk around me, which I found so endearing. As huge as they are, they really are such soft hearted animals.



After that, Hottie treated me to an outstanding breakfast at a quaint little restaurant near the dam. It was a good opportunity to get to know one another and I must admit I like what I see. What should have been an afternoon round of drinks with friends at my place later, turned into a full on braai with copious amounts of booze and I was treated to some bubbly…. Too much fun!

After everyone had left, Hottie and I were left to entertain ourselves….. erm well... Enough said. The next morning I was awoken by the smell of bacon and eggs – yes ladies and gentlemen, he made me breakfast!

As the weekend drew to a close, I decided to treat myself to a face mask and watch a movie.

Note to self: when deciding to watch a tear jerker such as “Atonement”, DO NOT wear said face mask as inevitably it will land up in your eyes and smeared all over the place…..

Happy Monday *sigh*

Tay

2 comments:

angel said...

well someone got spoilded!

Tay said...

Angel, you have no idea! This man is something else. Yesterday it was flowers.....again!