Monday, October 20, 2008

Custody Battle


I am so fucking pissed off right now! I am not in the mood for this Monday or the bitches in the office or the fact that my phone won’t stop ringing.

The clincher however is GM. When I moved out and we spent the day packing my things, we discussed the house and the Puppy. Because the house is in both our names, we each own 50%. The saying goes: “Don’t kick a horse when it’s down” thus I agreed to let GM stay in the house and we made arrangements concerning payments etc.

We also discussed puppy and the custody agreement - I get to have puppy stay over one weekend a month. (Bizarre, I know).

This morning I managed to get hold of him (after he has been ignoring me for the week) only to be told not to contact him at all or attempt to see him. He has asked security at the complex not to let me in without him accompanying me. This in essence means I cannot fetch Puppy nor can I drop her off. When I questioned him about this, his response was: “I don’t want to see you and I think it’s best if you leave Puppy alone too”.

I get that the guy is hurt and that I left him. However, I am not without feelings and leaving him has gutted me too. It’s not easy walking away from dreams or aspirations you shared with someone for 4 years. I also get that he needs space. I am just pissed off that he is using Puppy as ammo.

You might think it’s just a dog……but Puppy is something more.

Not sure what the hell I am going to do now.

Tay

4 comments:

po said...

That kind of complication can cause so much pain. But it is your puppy too!

angel said...

sjoe... i don't think the arrangement with puppy is stramge, my glugs and his ex have something similar with their evil puppies.
i am sorry he's giving you such a hard time though.
strongs girl...

Tay said...

@ Po - Pain is an understatement.

@ Angel - yay! At least you think I am normal :-) Thanks for the thoughts!

Expensive Mistakes and Cheap Thrills said...

cut your losses, and get a new dog.

dont stoop to his level - he wants you to beg to see the dog.

dont. seriously. dont.

good luck, i hope he gets over himself soon!