Monday, November 17, 2008

A whole lot of everything

What an eventful few days – yikes! Friday started out with our year end function which was a success although not without the occasional disaster here and there. Some employees got so drunk that quite honestly I was disgusted. The one lady even started swearing and cursing at the poor barman and promptly told the guy she is a manager in the company and he is only a barman – WTF?

On Saturday Hottie left early to sell his bike and I woke up to coffee and a gift box….. Inside I found 4 silver bangles (I have been after these for months)… how sweet! Went on a complete shopping spree Sat morning and two handbags, three pairs of shoes, a new purse and 4 dresses later, I got home to prepare for our friends joining us for a braai, rugby and a few rounds of 30 Seconds!

Had an absolute ball and overindulged somewhat in the Gin, but laughed my arse off at the very pregnant Best Friend’s wife whose arms were flying all over the place trying to explain words.

Sunday morning we were off to a family gathering with my dad’s side of the family. My cousins…. Dumb and Dumber attempted to show their faces but one could see it was painful for them to be around family of any sort over a weekend.

The whole reason for the get together was for my Great Aunt who had come to visit for a few days. She lost her husband almost a year ago and I was flabbergasted when I saw her. She is now so tiny and frail. The worst fucking part is that at 03h00 this morning she slipped and fell, breaking her hip and leg and the dear old lady is now lying in hospital.

Hottie and I are off to see her in a bit. Feel terrible for her especially since she was so nice to us yesterday and quite taken with Hottie. In fact everyone was taken with Hottie, even Dumb and Dumber who apparently thought he was “cool” enough to chat to…..

The test results came back. There are a small amount of cells that are present but should be treatable with medication – no operation necessary *sigh.
That said, it looks as though Hottie and I will start trying for a baby in March.
We just need to get past my dad first……

Tay

3 comments:

angel said...

oooh, another soon-to-be-preggie blogger, eh? i seem to be surrounded by pregnant women and new babies...
i am so glad the test results are "good" in that they are treatable.

Tay said...

Hee hee, I have a feeling I am going to be turning to the bloggers "forum" for advice on a daily basis! Thanks Angel :-)

DT said...

Wow! You are going to be a Mom - that is so exciting! You must be so excited Tay - I am sure you are stunned at how much your life has changed since you started your blog!
Good news about the test results!