Friday, December 12, 2008

I can't believe it.

I received devastating news a little while ago.... One of my really good guy friends tried to commit suicide last night.

Cannot tell you how angry and hurt I am that he would do something like that. He has two beautiful little boys and recently got a job he had been waiting his whole life for.

And this all because of a woman. A woman he loved with his entire being. She left him a month ago.

Suicide in general is a very delicate topic with me because of my brother's story (Will explain one day). Although his case may or may not have been suicide, it's still raw , even after 9 years.

My friend knows this. He held my hair whilst I threw up from anxiety attacks a year after my brother died. He walked the road with me. He knows how I hurt back then and still do hurt.

I am terrified my friend is going to try it again.

Apologies for the horribly morbid post. Just sad that's all.

Tay

3 comments:

po said...

My brother committed suicide. In his case I kind of understand why, but in general, it hurts the people left behind so badly. Very difficult to deal with.

po said...

Oh yeah and p.s.

And I have someone very close to me who tries quite frequently to do it. I also live in a kind of state of fear that she will try again.

Tay said...

Po, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. As you say it really hurts the people left behind.

Hectic that you have someone in your life that tries often.

What does one do?