Monday, January 26, 2009

Permission granted….

Our social event at work was rained out on Friday and eventually I left after the lapa flooded – sheesh, so much of rain! Decided to go through to my hometown on Friday afternoon instead of Saturday morning.

On Saturday, Hottie and I slept late for the first time in ages! We then joined my dad and stepmom at the rugby stadium to watch the Sharks play the Pumas. I got see Ruan Pienaar and Rory Kocket and John Smit. It certainly made for a fun outing.

Saturday was also the day that Hottie planned to ask for my dad’s blessing (To marry me). We were both so nervous when we got back to the house for dinner and I thought Hottie was going to pass out at one stage. I eventually joined my stepmom in the kitchen and not even 5 minutes later we were called back to the lapa for a game of thirty seconds???

I was convinced that nothing had happened and that they hadn’t even discussed it, when my dad popped open a bottle of bubbly and congratulated us both. The relief was more than you could imagine. Am so glad my dad gave us his blessing.

In other news, I am 3 days late. I have done 2 pregnancy tests and they are both……



(Negative). Not sure what’s potting????

Will keep you updated.

Tay

5 comments:

Snow White said...

So happy for you that your dad gave his blessing, I think it's quite admirable Hottie wanted to ask your father's permission. maybe those tests are wrong? although 3 days late is normal...

wow seems like it'll be an exciting year for you! wedding and a baby :)

angel said...

the pee-test can be a false negative sometimes...
i am so excited for you with your dad being okay and all!!!
scream if you need wedding planning help girl
:D

angel said...

well? so? and...?

Tay said...

read on....try again next time :-(
You must tell me more about Fertiboost, tried clicking on the link but my darling IT company blocks the site!

Tay said...

Thanks for the well wishes Snow!!!