Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kittens and Corn

Firstly, welcome to the new followers of my blog! You have made my day!!!!
Awesome!!!!

My step dad sent me pictures of the kittens last night. Unfortunately in almost all of them, his huge boep (stomach) is protruding into the photo. I would most certainly not subject you to that, so the photo below is a little mangled but at least visible.







Hottie and I are trying to come up with names for the new baby (The furry one). He suggested Storm or Bella. Think when I get to see her I will be able to figure out a name :-)

On Tuesday night, Hottie and I went to have dinner with his folks out in Harties. The girls were really chuft to see us and before I knew it I was being dragged across to a mielie field to “run” through the mielies with them. I hadn’t done that since I was a child and rather more importantly, before I saw “Children of the Corn”.





After some time (It was almost dark), I was still walking ahead chatting to the girls when it dawned on me that they were not answering. The little shits (and I say this with much love) had left me there…..alone. Let me tell you something. Standing in a gigantic mielie field, after the sun has set, ALONE, is not the coolest thing in the world.

The wind made the leaves make a funny rustling sound and for a few moments I completely lost my sense of direction (Damn garmin, never around when you need it). To tell you the truth I was shitting myself and trying not to think about all the damn horror movies I had seen over the years that involved freaking corn.

Thankfully, Hottie started to call out for me from the main house and I could figure out the direction…..Ran like a demon (Ha) all the way until just before the mielies ended and then casually strolled out as if nothing was the matter.
There was no ways I was going to be caught A) getting lost and B) being scared as hell.

Think I am in the mood for corn tonight……

Tay

3 comments:

Superficialgirl said...

Awww, the kittens are soooo cute!

Tay said...

They are gorgeous! Have a feeling my mom will hang onto the other two. They have certainly made themselves at home!

po said...

Those kittens are so freaking cute. I want one so badly. I need to move to a place where I can have one.

As to being alone in a mielie field at night. I would have freaked out big time. And I haven't even seen children of the corn.