Thursday, March 5, 2009

Baa Baa Black Sheep....

I am in the process of trying to arrange an engagement party by orders of the *Skoon-Ma. It has already been decided that Harties will be the venue seeing as the entertainment area alone is spectacular and very spacious! I am fine with that, in fact, I love the idea.

What I am having serious misgivings about is a spitbraai (no, not a braai onto which people spit – oh yuck). Don’t get me wrong I love a normal braai with charcoal and stuff. Not as enthused about a whole sheep going round and round in a machine that makes funny noises.


I have made it quite clear that I will in no way be a part of this process, nor will I be in the vicinity of the machine. Seriously getting cranky in my old age it appears. Don’t know what’s wrong with me, just put off by the idea.

The date is set for 21 March, if I live till then.

Tay

*Skoonma = Hottie's mother

4 comments:

po said...

Wow, I never knew you had engagement parties. It seems like the whole marriage process is one party after another.

Ja, I am not so sure about the spit thing either. It seems more fun to poke meat on coals.

Tay said...

Po - engagement parties, bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, the list goes on. Some engagement parties are really formal. I just wanted my friends and family together for a day :-)

I also think it's way more fun to make a fire and poke meat on coals.... machine = evil

angel said...

heh heh, i think a spit is a lot less hassle than a braai!!
and did you know its bad etiquette to expect gifts for an engagement party? i didn't...

Tay said...

Angel - Seriously? Didn't know that.... ahhhh no pressies! Hee hee!