Friday, May 15, 2009

I can't hear you!

Had to drive to work on my own this morning because Hottie is in bed with flu… As if that is not bad enough (having a sick man in the house), the Best Friend, Wife AND kids are coming to stay the night!

I am deaf at the moment. Not by choice believe me. After a shitload of antibiotics I am still sniffing, blocked and coughing, it’s ridiculous.

The end result of course is that I am shouting when I talk and since we sit in an open plan office at work, this is somewhat problematic.

Tay: HELLO TAY SPEAKING
Hottie: Why are you yelling?
Tay: HELLO? SORRY? WHAT DID YOU SAY?
H: WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
Tay: I AM NOT YELLING, JUST CAN’T HEAR YOU
*People in the office start hopping up like meerkats from behind their cubicles*
H: NEVER MIND I WILL TEXT YOU. TRY NOT TO TALK TODAY!!
T: SEX ME? I CAN WALK TODAY.
H: mumble mumble (don’t really know what he said)
*Phone goes dead*


I have now resorted to practiced yawning in an attempt to ‘pop’ my ears and gain my hearing. It’s not working...


Tay

3 comments:

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Oh man that seriously sucks! Shame man! I HATE this time of the year...flu deluxe!
Feel better...

LOL...after you screaming out SEX ME, your colleagues must have been pro at the meerkat pop-up :-) haha

dancefloortragedy said...

Oh dear Hottie has man flu! That is the worst! :-D I hate that blocked feeling I find that chewing gum sometimes helps! Hope you feel better soon!

angel said...

Heh heh... I know the feeling!