Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What's love got to do with it?

This post is more than likely not going to make much sense. My heart is just so sore I need to spill random feelings somewhere. You have been warned!

Hottie and I are on the verge of killing each other. We have been bickering and fighting constantly and things don’t seem to be improving. I realise planning a wedding puts a lot of strain on any couple, but for fuck sakes how much?

We argue about gifts, ties, speeches, the venue. It just doesn’t stop. In the last three days we have barely spoken. It has now come to things like “How was your day” – erm.....we fucking WORK together!!!! “The traffic is hectic this morning” – yes, I am with you in the car!!!!!

Our morning drives which used to be the highlight of my day are now basically filled with silence and Gareth Cliff. Every week his biological father makes an appointment to visit and then cancels. He has no idea who his son is and the favouritism between the brothers makes me physically ill!!

This weekend coming is again fully booked and we will barely see each other. Perhaps it will be good for us – I hope so. I just miss our carefree relationship where we weren’t biting each other’s heads off at every opportunity.

And the cruncher? I am as much to blame if not more.


Tay

3 comments:

momcat said...

Why are you arguing so much about the wedding. Can you not just agree to differ. Weddings are supposed to be fun. It doesn't have to be too much stress. Its just another event to be organised. Lists help a lot. Compromise plays a big part in a marriage and you have to both learn that very important fact now. If you cant appreciate the differences in each other how will you agree on other more important decisions in married life.

po said...

I am sorry to hear it. It sounds like you guys need to get away from the wedding stuff for a bit and chill. I hope it all works out.

Tay said...

Hi Momcat :-) We have been under tremendous pressure lately and we are both incredibly stubborn! At least it's all sorted now and we are back to normal!

@Po A break would be awesome, believe me! Working on a romantic weekend away!